Dr. S. Masoud Saidi, MSc., DMD, DABOI, FAAID
Diplomate American Board of Oral Implantology
Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry
June 12, 2020
Dear friends and family of Saidi Dental Group,
It has been two weeks since we reopened our office. Our emergency and urgent care patients have been seen and we are now able to serve all of our patients once again.
It has been an exciting time as old acquaintances are renewed, and we see you back at the office. Due to ongoing reorganization of patient appointment that has taken place since the shutdown, our receptionist has been working around the clock to schedule hygiene appointments as well as those in need of outstanding dental treatment.
If you wish to see us sooner, please contact our office proactively so that we can schedule your appointment earlier.
We are excited about our re-opening and look forward to welcoming you back. We have taken many steps to ensure your safety and are confident to serve you. Some of the enhancements are:
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
2. Reduced daily numbers of patients and visitors at the office.
3. Sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
4. Reduced seating areas.
5. Oral pre-rinse and hand sanitizing by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
6. COVID-19 assessments for our patients along with temperature assessments, upon entering our office.
7. As in the above protocol, we will assess each team member at the beginning of each day for COVID-19 symptoms.
8. Payment arrangements made in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
9. Enhanced operator disinfection procedure with the fogging device to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed at the end of every day.
10. High level of personal protection equipment (PPE).
11. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties most safely and comprehensively.
For your reference, I am attaching the initial COVID-19 consent for your review and signature. This form is required for the first visit. As well, when you telephone the office, please provide us with an update on your medical history, medications and any changes to your insurance coverage. This phone call update allows more efficient scheduling of your appointment and provides physical distance during your visit.
We are excited to see all of you soon! Please let us know if you have any questions and contact us to book your appointment.
Dr. Masoud Saidi, Dr. Janet Jin and the Team at Saidi Dental Group
COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Dental Treatment Consent Form
I ___________________________, knowingly and willingly consent to have dental treatment completed during COVID-19 pandemic by doctor(s), Dental Hygienist(s), CDA(s), Assistant(s) or any staff of Dr. S. Masoud Saidi Inc. Also known as Saidi Dental Group SDG.
I understand the novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19 and that it is currently a pandemic. I understand the novel coronavirus virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be contagious. For this reason, it is recommended to stay home and avoid close contact with other people when at all possible. __________
I understand the federal and provincial governments have asked individuals to maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters (6 feet) and I recognize it is not possible to maintain this distance while receiving dental treatment. __________
I understand that it is possible that oral surgery/dental procedures can create water and/or blood spray, which may be one way that the novel coronavirus can spread. The ultra-fine nature of the spray can linger in the air for minutes to sometimes hours, which can transmit the novel coronavirus. _________
I understand that due to the visits of other patients, the characteristics of the novel coronavirus, and the characteristics of dental procedures, that I have an elevated risk of contracting AND SPREADING the novel coronavirus simply by being in the dental office. _________
I confirm that I am not presenting any of the following symptoms of COVID-19 listed below:
· Fever/Temperature > 38C or 100F
· Shortness of Breath
· Sneezing or Difficulty Breathing
· Muscle Pain
· Reduced or Loss of Smell or Taste
· Runny Nose
· Nasal Congestion
· Sore Throat
· Travelled outside of Canada or in Canada to COVID-19 affected-area within the past 14 days.
· Have been in contact with a person who travelled outside of Canada or in Canada to COVID-19 affected area within the past 14 days.
· Have been in contact with a person who exhibits any of the above-listed signs, symptoms or precautions.
· Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of Coronavirus
Signature of Patient or Guardian _______________________________ Date ______________________
SDG – Saidi Dental Group #201 – 6351 197th St., Langley BC V2Y 1X8, (604)539-9374, www.SaidiDentalGroup.ca