DENTAL EXAM & TEETH CLEANING
Saidi Dental Group | Dental Exam & Teeth Cleaning | Langley Dental Practice
A Smile Is The Most Beautiful Ways We Express Ourselves
A dental exam and regular teeth cleaning are always recommended by our Dentists in Langley as this will help you achieve your best smile. Preventative dentistry will catch things before they become an issue.
Comprehensive Dental Exam – Digital X-Rays, Intra-Oral Photos, Cancer Screening, Bite, TMJs, Gums Checkup, Consultation and Specialists
As one of our new patients, we will first book you for an initial dental exam and perform a thorough checkup to determine your oral health status and create a treatment plan for you if needed. If everything is okay, then we recommend an exam and hygiene appointment every 6 months. Here is what is included in our initial dental exam:
• Though each initial appointment depends on the patient’s needs, we will most likely require digital X-rays and digital intraoral photos taken of your jaw, gums and teeth. X-rays and intraoral photos help determine any problem areas and assist Dr. Saidi and Dr. Jin in treatment planning.
• We perform a head, neck and Oral Cancer screening check to reduce your chances of undiagnosed disease or help detect oral cancer in its earliest stages. If your initial interview, medical and dental history indicates a need, we will use the Velscope to examine and detect any possible cellular level changes.
• We will examine your bite and TMJs.
• Your initial cleaning appointment includes a full measurement of your gum level to check for any irregularities occurring and to help monitor any changes in regards to potential gum disease (periodontal disease) in the future.
• We will spend time with you to look at dental pictures and discuss our findings so that you will have a first-hand knowledge of your overall oral health and ask any questions that you may have.
• There may be the need to refer you to a specialist; in such a case we have the best right here in our building. Dr. Saidi and Dr. Jin will continue to be a part of the referral treatment plan every step of the way.
Professional dental cleanings (scaling, root planning, and polishing) will be done by one of our Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will also include a dental exam by Dr. Saidi or Dr. Jin and:
• Removal of calculus (tartar) – Calculus is a hardened plaque that has formed on the tooth and will be firmly attached. Calculus forms above and below the gum line, and can be removed with appropriate dental instruments.
• Removal of plaque – Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease and can affect your general health.
• Teeth polishing – Removal of stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during brushing and scaling.
Contact Us for More Info About Our Dental Exam and Teeth Cleaning Services in Langley
If you have any questions about having a dental exam done or would like more information about teeth cleaning or any of our dental services, please contact us by calling 604-539-9374. We would be honoured to be your family dentist in Langley.