A dental exam and regular teeth cleaning are always recommended by our Dentists in Langley (Dr. Saidi and Dr. Jin) as they can help you to achieve your best smile yet. A smile is one of the most beautiful ways we express ourselves. This is a form of preventative dentistry as it will catch things before they become issues as we all know that oral care is an important part of being overall healthy.
Get a Dental Exam in Langley at Our Office to Determine What Kind of Dental Care or Treatment Plan You Need
By performing a complete oral examination, our patient’s dental needs are determined. Our ultimate goal of any dental treatment plan is to maintain the highest degree of oral health care. One of our dentists will examine your mouth and let you know of any issues – or send congratulations for taking good care of your teeth! If further care is needed, we will develop a treatment plan for you.
Comprehensive Dental Exam – Digital X-Rays, Intra-Oral Photos, Cancer Screening, Bite, TMJs, Gums Checkup, Consultation and Specialists
As one of our new patients, we will first book you for an initial dental exam and perform a thorough checkup to determine your oral health status and create a treatment plan for you if needed. If everything is okay, then you would only need to see us every 6 months for an exam and cleaning. Here is what is included in our initial dental exam:
- Though each initial appointment depends on the patient’s needs, we will most likely require digital X-rays and digital intraoral photos taken of your jaw, gums and teeth. X-rays and intraoral photos help determine any problem areas and assist Dr. Saidi and Dr. Jin in treatment planning.
- We perform a head, neck and Oral Cancer Screening to reduce your chances of undiagnosed disease or help detect oral cancer in its earliest stages. If your initial interview, medical and dental history indicates a need, we will use the Velscope to examine and detect any possible cellular level changes.
- We will examine your bite and TMJs. Impressions of your bite may be necessary to plan the overall approach to your oral health better.
- Your initial cleaning appointment includes a full measurement of your gum level to check for any irregularities occurring and to help monitor any changes in regards to potential gum disease (periodontal disease) in the future.
- We will spend time with you to look at dental pictures and discuss our findings so that you will have a first-hand knowledge of your overall oral health as well as your head and neck health and ask any questions that you may have.
- It may be necessary to refer you to a specialist; in such a case, Dr. Saidi, Dr. Jin, and the dental team will continue to be a part of the referral treatment and there for you and your healthy smile.
Dentistry is a Rewarding Profession, and We Feel Privileged to be a Trusted Dental Practice
Dental Cleaning – Teeth Scaling, Root Planing, Tarter and Plaque Removal and Polishing
Professional dental cleanings (scaling, root planning, and polishing) will be done by one of our Registered Dental Hygienists. Your cleaning appointment will also include a dental exam by Dr. Saidi or Dr. Jin and:
- Removal of calculus (tartar) – Calculus is a hardened plaque that has formed on the tooth and will be firmly attached. Calculus forms above and below the gum line, and can be removed with appropriate dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque – Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produces toxins that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease and can affect your general health.
- Teeth polishing – Removal of stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during brushing and scaling.
Contact Us for More Info About Our Dental Exam and Teeth Cleaning Services in Langley
If you have any questions about having a dental exam done or would like more information about teeth cleaning or any of our dental services, please contact us by email or call us at 604-539-9374. If you would like us to be your family Dentist in Langley you can schedule your dental exam and teeth cleaning appointment online right now.