Our dental office policies are in place to give our patients the best care possible. We pride ourselves in helping people achieve excellent oral health, either by preventing or fixing issues or aesthetically improving smiles. Information about our policies for new patients, first appointments, dental emergencies, rescheduling and accepted forms of payment are listed below.
New Dental Patients – Complete Patient Form and Medical History Form to Prepare for Your First Appointment
We ask that you bring your completed Patient Form, Medical History Form and your dental insurance information (benefit booklet if available) with you to your first visit to our office. If you would prefer to complete the forms in the office, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. Also, please bring a list of all medication (if any) you are currently taking.
We also suggest that you write down any questions or concerns you may have regarding your dental health and bring this list with you which will help to ensure that all your concerns are addressed.
Initial Dental Appointments – Xrays, Intraoral Photos, Oral Cancer Screening, Bite and TMJs, Cleaning, Exam and Findings / Consultation
- Though each initial appointment depends on the patient’s needs, we will most likely require digital X-rays and digital intraoral photos taken of your jaw, gums and teeth. X-rays and intraoral photos help determine any problem areas and assist Dr. Saidi and Dr. Jin in treatment planning.
- We perform a head, neck and Oral Cancer Screening to reduce your chances of undiagnosed disease or help detect oral cancer in its earliest stages. If your initial interview, medical and dental history indicates a need, we will use the Velscope to examine and detect any possible cellular level changes.
- We will examine your bite and TMJs. Impressions of your bite may be necessary to plan better the overall approach to your oral health.
- Your initial cleaning appointment includes a complete measurement of your gum level to check for any irregularities occurring and to help monitor any changes in regards to potential gum disease (periodontal disease) in the future.
- We will spend time with you to look at the pictures and x-rays on the screen to discuss our findings so that you will have first-hand knowledge of your overall head and neck health and ask any questions that you may have.
- It may be necessary to refer you to a specialist; in such a case, Dr. Saidi, Dr. Jin, and the team will continue to be a part of the referral treatment and there for you and your healthy smile.
Emergency Dentist Langley – Call Us at Our Dental Office for Help in the Event of a Dental Emergency
We are committed to helping our patients who are experiencing a dental emergency. Please call our office at 604-539-9374, and we will accommodate you as soon as possible.
If the office is closed when you call, you will be given instructions on how to obtain advice or care and be put in touch with an emergency dentist in Langley as soon as possible.
Rescheduling Your Dental Appointment – 2 Days to Notify Us
In today’s busy world everyone’s time is valuable. Please notify reception at our dental office 2 working days in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment. Otherwise, an appointment fee will apply. We do, however, understand that illness and emergencies occur, and we will accommodate for those instances.
Accepted Forms of Payment, Health Insurance, and Dental Plan Coverage
Payment is due on the date of service. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Debit, Visa or MasterCard. We will submit all dental claims (electronically when allowed) to your insurance carrier. You will be reimbursed either by direct deposit into your bank account or by cheque (depending on the arrangement you have made with the insurance carrier).
It is important to remember that your insurance policy is a contract between you, your employer and the insurance carrier. The patient is ultimately responsible for their account and any discrepancy regarding reimbursement will be between the patient and insurance carrier.
Unfortunately, we are unable to keep track of the multitude of insurance plans or the changes that regularly occur. Dental plans have many variables, i.e. deductibles, percentages, fee guides and yearly maximums with different year to year dates. Due to this, we encourage you to be familiar with your benefit limits and “particulars” of your policy.
Contact Us for More Information About Us, Our Services, and Policies
For more information about us, our policies or our dental services in Langley, please contact us by calling the receptionist at our dental office at 604-539-9374 or email us. We look forward to welcoming you to our dental office and helping you with all of your oral care needs.